Monday, January 19, 2009

I have no one to play with

This is the best story ever. Tirzah came home from school on Wednesday, and she tells me I didn't have anyone to play with today Mom, both of her friends were absent, that is actually what she said, they both were absent. So, I was like aww, I'm sorry( and was really kinda sad she was by herself). So, then she gets really excited, and says but guess what mom? And she starts telling me that she did play with someone, and she says, Mom, I played with God. He was the sun, and we played on the monkey bars together, and went down the slide, and ran in the grass. She was completley fine and totally happy that that was her friend for the day. I was actually a little convicted cause even at my age if I was all by myself and no one was around, I don't think I would actually think well, why don't I hang out with God, I would probably feel sorry for myself first, and then it might cross my mind.


At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:1-4
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the greatest story I've ever heard. Aren't kids the greatest?!

Lisa said...

What a great story. I love the way that kids think- so innocently and honestly. I wish I could leave behind my adult challenges and be a kid for just a day.

Miss you, and hope all the girls are doing well. Can you believe next month our girls will be one?! Where has the time gone?

NAAVAH said...

tHAT ISSUPER CUTE I WISH I WAS LIKE TIRZAH SHE IS SUPER SMART I WISH I HAD HER HEART!