I didn't want to get to excited, I planted some corn, beans, pumpkins, and watermelons last Wednesday. I went out to water and see how things are going and to see if I could pull any little weeds that might be growing in the garden out, not expecting anything solid till Saturday, then I should have a shoot or two. Oh my goodness though, I believe my corn is growing, I am sure I have a couple bean sprouts, but everyone knows what those look like. I am way to excited, I can't wait, the watermelon, and pumpkins I think are going to be a little harder, don't have much of a clue of what they look like. I called Chris and said, okay even if you are not excited act like it for me, I had to tell someone and he was available at the moment, and he did a great job of being excited. Hey, I will be grateful though if all I get is the beans and corn though, and now just to see if I can keep it alive enough to get some veggies. I already know my green thumb with flowers is not so green, I tend to kill them fast. I feel like in Lamentations where Jeremiah is like in the depths of despair, and then He recalls the Lords faithfulness and his hope is renewed. I have hope from my little tomato plant that keeps trucking along, it has come a long way, so, I have hope for my garden and my flower(well, my one rose). I could of taken some pictures, but everything is still pretty little and hard to bring in focus, but I will for sure put some up when they get going a little more. Haha, and then you might see how badly they were just thrown in there with no thought of how it will work, rows were tried to be made, and I wish I could say that the girls helped me and thats why, but it was mostly from exhaustion after turning the dirt, and impatience of dragging a line in the dirt. They did help just not on all of it, mainly just the pumpkins and watermelon, so hopefully they grow too, don't want dissapointed little girls.
Lamentations 3:21-25 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. [It is of] the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. [They are] new every morning: great [is] thy faithfulness.The LORD [is] my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD [is] good unto them that wait for him, to the soul [that] seeketh him.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yah! I am so happy for you! And how awesome that your man would be excited for you too. We have had those moments where I say "I want you to say this." I am so jealous that you can grow things above ground. I am afraid if I tried, the wind would kill them before they had a chance, but maybe next year. How fun that the girls could help you. When the corn comes up, you can have a bbq corn festival with straw hats! Thats our specialty here in hickville! HA! Love ya and I miss you lots!
Post a Comment