Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fiesta!!

Wow, my oldest baby is now 6yr old! I'm thinking she had a pretty great birthday, I don't know how she could have felt like anything but a little princess, unfortunately I don't have pictures of everything, I have video, but it's a little too long to put up. So, I told her we could do a birthday party for her, and she decided she didn't want too cause she was afraid her friends would touch her toys, so no problem here, would rather skip that anyway, but looks like we have an issue to work on and next year we will try again. So, we decided on cupcakes for her class, that was quite an adventure, we made like forty cupcakes......all frosted and sprinkled, vanilla and chocolate. We did that the night before, and after the floor clearly needed to be scrubbed, and dishes washed. I of course, got my little pony decorations to put up so that when she woke in the morning she had a nice little surprise! They came with cute little pony crowns, so she even looked like a little princess. Chris and I let her open two of her presents, had to save two for later for after school. So, pretty soon she had to get off to school, and she got out the door with her special little birthday girl ribbon, about ten thirty I brought the cupcakes to her school, which got devoured. She got to feel all special again with a birthday song from her classmates, it's just funny, kids soak up that special attention they get when they know its their birthday, and her mom and sister were there, and she just felt so cool, it was cute. Wow, there is still more, so she opened up more presents when she got home, and enjoyed her decorations, and new toys, and a nice phone call from grandma funk.(she opened those presents about a week early) Then, it was off to church, were oh my, I think every five minutes she got a joyful, TIRZAH, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!, courtesy of my so very large family. My mom got her a balloon, and a headband, so now she is decked out in that plus, special ribbon, and a necklace pony I gave her that morning. Well, then we went to sing, and seriously got interrupted by people walking in a couple times for more happy birthday wishes. Anyway, I'm so glad she got to feel so special on her special day, birthdays can kind of be a task as kids get older I am finding, but it is so worth it when they know that they are such a treasure, loved, and special. She knows that anyway, but it was fun to express it in a different way, on her special day!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tirzah is hilarious. I like her reason for not wanting a birthday party and it sure does make your life easier =D Cool kid. YAY for Sunday family parties with sweets though!

Stephanie said...

Yay! Happy Belated birthday! How awesome that she can just come out and tell you that she doesn't want other kids to touch her toys. The nice pony decorations to wake up to sounds so cute. You are a great mom! 40 cupcakes?! That IS love, man.